Female GP Coomera, Pimpama, Ormeau
Dr Warby was born in QLD, growing up in the Whitsundays. She began her studies at the University of QLD with a first-class Honours degree in Science majoring in Microbiology and subsequently completed her medical degree (MBBS) at Melbourne University.
Finishing both in the same year, she also obtained a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Virology, focussing on research of HIV, through the Burnet Institute of Melbourne and the University of QLD, making her one of the about < 1% of GPs in Australia who have a PhD. Dr Warby has worked throughout QLD and in Ireland for more than a decade, enjoying the broad variety of emergency medicine before obtaining her general practice qualification (FRACGP).
RACGP College Future Leaders 2018 Program
In 2018 Dr Warby was selected for and completed the RACGP College Future Leaders 2018 program, a college-designed program to help shape tomorrow’s general practice leaders.
Her interest in the broad environmental determinants of health led her to work with the Harvard Planetary Health Alliance and World Organisation of Family Doctors (WONCA) as Co-Lead for an international project creating a declaration calling on family doctors around the world to act planetary health.
This is the link between human-caused disruptions of the earth’s natural support systems and human health. She was a speaker at the Harvard Medical School Career Advancement and Leadership course for Women in Healthcare in November 2018.
Co-Authoring GP Exam Handbook
Dr Warby is passionate about education and her ongoing contribution to the profession of general practice includes co-authoring the “GP exam handbook” as a tool to assist GP registrars to study for their exams, and acting as an external clinical trainer for GP trainees for GPTQ.
She is on a working group for new RACGP general practice guidelines that are being developed Australia-wide.
- Bachelor of Science First-class Honours (Microbiology) – University of QLD
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery – Melbourne University
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Virology – University of QLD
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of GPs (FRACGP)
- Professional Certificate in Skin Cancer Surgery
- FRACGP Specific Interest network – Respiratory Medicine, Sports Medicine, Medical Education, Environmental Impacts in General Practice
- WONCA Working Party on the Environment
- Clinicians for Planetary Health Working Group of Planetary Health Alliance (housed at Harvard University)
- Senior Lecturer (Griffith University)
- Australasian Medical Writers Association